TWO RACE DATES IN 2013!
Saturday, Nov 9th & Sunday, Nov 10th at 5:45pm
2013 RACE RESULTS:
Results on this site are listed just below the events calendar.
- CLICK HERE for race results on Active.com, then enter ‘Lanier Under the Lights 5k 2013’
2013 RACE PHOTOS:
- CLICK HERE to view photos posted on the Lanier Under the Lights 5k Facebook site on the week following the race.
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook for future race updates!
- Photos will be posted the week following the race, thank you.
- No professional photography at either race, so no photos are for sale.
FINAL REGISTRATION LIST:
- CLICK HERE to view Saturday’s & Sunday’s list of participants.
- Your name may not be listed if you registered after 10/28, but don’t worry your name will be listed when the list is updated on the Tuesday before the race.
- Contact us at
only if there is a mistake, DO NOT contact us to confirm correct information.
RAFFLE PRIZES: This directly helps the Marine Corps Toys for Tots!
Donation of a toy or check valued at $10.00 or more, you will AUTOMATICALLY receive 5 coupons:
A raffle will be held on each individual night! (74 raffle prizes each night)
PRERACE BIB & TEE SHIRT PICK UP:
- DAY 1: Thursday, November 7th from 10:00am- 6:00pm
Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford, GA 30519
CLICK HERE for Google Maps Link
- DAY 2: Friday, November 8th from 10:00am-6:00pm
The Dogwood Pavilion of Lake Lanier Islands Resort, 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway, Buford, GA 30518
Just turn right at the ‘Flags Over Georgia’ roundabout located directly before the gate.
CLICK HERE for Google Maps Link
- Remember to bring your race bib to the race on Saturday or Sunday, because extra race bibs WILL NOT be available.
PICKING UP A RACE PACK FOR A FRIEND AT PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- Participants are welcome to pick up bibs for other registered participants.
- Just please ask them to text a photo of their driver’s license.
- Please have the photo pulled up and ready to view when requesting the race bib and race tee.
- DO NOT forget the race bibs on the day of the race, additional race bibs will not be available!!!
RACE DAY BIB & TEE SHIRT PICK UP:
- Times: 3:30PM – 5:30PM
- After entering the Resort then follow the signs to the ‘walker parking area’ OR the ‘runner parking area’, and then after parking go to packet pick up located in the ‘walker parking area’.
- Packet pick up is also near the start/finish area located in parking area (walker parking) of the Grand Hall Pavilion.
- JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS!
- The race will be held at Lake Lanier Islands Resort, located at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway (formerly Holiday Road), Buford, GA 30518.
- I-85N to Exit 113 I-985N, get off at Exit 8 Lanier Islands Pkwy (formerly Friendship Road) and TURN LEFT, and Lake Lanier Islands Resort is 4.5 miles straight ahead. Once in the Resort, please follow the signs and the volunteer’s instructions.
CARPOOL, CARPOOL, CARPOOL:
- There may be as many as 1,500 vehicles entering the Resort just for this race. So consider carpooling to reduce a potential back up at the gate.
Possible meeting places to carpool:
- We recommend that all registrants arrive at the Resort to1¼ - 1½ hours before the start of the race. This is due to the delays that can occur when entering the Resort, passing the gate with possible volume related delays, parking, toy drop off, race bib and shirt pick up, walking back and forth to your vehicle to drop off race tee, brief opening ceremony, and lastly to be in place for a timely start of the race.
- Very Important: Print and Place this on the inside of the windshield when entering the Resort on race day. It will allow the gate attendant to quickly see that the gate fee is covered. If this is not posted in the windshield, then the participant may have to pay the $10.00 Resort entry fee.
- CLICK HERE to download the ‘Gate Pass’ sheet in the margin on the left side of the home page.
- Enter the resort, go over the bridge, go left around the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout and the parking areas will be down .4 miles on the left and right side.
- Runners will turn RIGHT into the upper parking area.
- Walkers, overflow, and vendor area volunteers will turn LEFT into the lower parking area.
- Do not turn right at the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout because you will end up at the Legacy Lodge.
- Begins at 5:30pm, so please arrive early to hear Pastor Bob Mahan’s message from Hamilton Mill Christian Church. Then Pat Felt’s perfect rendition of the National Anthem.
- Again, please arrive at the Resort early to allow for delays at the gate, parking, and race bib / tee pick up.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants must register for the run, unless it is a child young enough to be pushed & remain in a stroller. All kids who are walking or running must register!
- All strollers must start in the rear of the 4th race coral, and then have only use a walking pace while on the race course. Any participant found to be running the course while pushing a stroller will be disqualified, and asked to stop participating in the race. This is for the safety of other participants, and for the safety of the child in the stroller. The roads are too narrow, and it is simply too dark to weave around and run alongside other runners during the race.
SUPPORTERS & FAMILY OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Please stay within the marked areas around the start & finish area during the race.
- Only registered runners will be allowed on the race course.
- Enjoy your evening and THANK YOU all for your cooperation!
- All runners will be timed with the ChronoTrack D-Tag System.
- CLICK HERE to view the instructional video for easy timing chip application on race day.
RACE TEE SHIRTS:
- Tee shirts will be given out for those picking up their bib on race day at the tee shirt tent after the participant picks up their race bib from the race bib tent.
- Previous year’s race tees will be available for sale too, and priced from $5.00-$7.00!
RACE CORALS: VERY IMPORTANT!
4 Starting Corals will separate runners by expected finish times:
- Coral 1 – Finish Time of 17:00 - 23:15
- Coral 2 – Finish Time of 23:15 – 27:00
- Coral 3 – Finish Time of 27:00 – 45:00
- Coral 4 – Finish Time of 45:00 – 1:00:00 (walkers & ALL Strollers)
A.This will work strictly on the ‘Honor System’, so ALL runners need to be honest.
B.Slower runners need to stay to the right, and in the 2nd or 3rd corals.
C.Avoid running in groups of 3-4 runners wide, these groups are often difficult for others to pass. This is especially important in the first mile of the race.
D.In other words, please be a courteous runner or walker.
- Marine Corps ‘Toys for Tots’: Bring an unwrapped toy or a check valued at $10.00 or more for entry into a raffle with several great prizes.
- Hamilton Mill Christian Church’s: ‘Secret Santa Mission’. This funds several local community outreach missions, which includes bring a Merry Christmas to the children of deployed soldiers.
- Cash Prizes: 1st Place M/F- $150, 2nd Place M/F $75, 3rd Place M/F $50
- Awards & Bobble Head Dolls to the Overall 1st & 2nd 3rd Place M/F, Masters 40+ M/F, Grand Masters M/F 50+.
- Age group winners (Top 3 M/F) will receive a Santa Claus Bobble head doll. Age categories are 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5k/10k
Date: Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Location: Lake Lanier Islands Resort in Buford, GA
CLICK HERE to download race form located in the right margin of the home page
CLICK HERE to register On-Line at Active.com
CLICK HEREto view the Fallen Heroes of Georgia web site
Date: Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Location: Hall County Soccer Complex, 2400 Allen Creek Road, Gainesville, GA 30507
CLICK HERE to download race form
CLICK HERE to register On-Line at Active.com
CLICK HEREto view the Georgia Burn Foundation Website
RACE SPONSORS - THANK YOU!
RACE VOLUNTEERS - THANK YOU!
RAFFLE PRIZE DONATIONS- THANK YOU!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can we drive the course following the race? No, for the safety of participants on the course.
- Can family come with me in support? Yes, but please stay near the start/finish area.
- Will Santa Workshop be open? No, sorry but it won’t be available a race day.
- What is the course certification number? USATF- GA11903WC
- Are dogs allowed? No, dogs leave droppings and dogs can bite.
- Are Strollers allowed? Walkers with strollers are welcome, but runners are not allowed to use a stroller while participating in the race.
- Do I have to pay a gate fee? Each vehicle must place the 5K Gate Pass on the dashboard when entering the resort, or participants may have to pay the $10.00 per vehicle gate fee. Download the gate pass off our website’s homepage.
- Can I sell my number? No, because the disclaimer is in the registrants name.
- Can I have a refund? No, sorry no refunds.
- Will there be daycare or kids related activities? No, please bring a caregiver.
- Please email
if this information doesn’t cover your question.