Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
Magical Nights of Lights
2017 Race Dates Are Still To Be Determined
(Will likely be November 11 & 12)
IMPORTANT PRERACE INFORMATION:
1. PRERACE BIB & TEE SHIRT PICK UP:
DAY 1: Thursday, November 10th from 11:00am- 4:00pm
- Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford, GA 30519
- CLICK HEREfor Google Maps Link
DAY 2: Friday, November 11th from 11:00am-4:00pm
- Big Peach Running Co., 320 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024
- CLICK HEREfor Google Maps Link
- Remember to bring your race bib to the race on Saturday or Sunday.
2. PICKING UP A RACE PACK FOR A FRIEND?:
- Participants are welcome to pick up bibs for other registered participants.
- Just please ask them to text a photo of their driver’s license.
- Please have the photo pulled up and ready to view when requesting the race bib and race tee.
- DO NOT forget the race bibs on the day of the race.
3. RAIN OR SHINE:
- Each race will be held rain or shine!
- Wear needed weather related, AND BRIGHT AND OR REFLECTIVEclothing while participating.
- Keep your children close and on an adult’s right hand side for safety.
- The race will be held atLanier Islands, located at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway (formerly Holiday Road), Buford, GA 30518.
- I-85N to Exit 113 I-985N, to Exit 8 Lanier Islands Pkwy/Friendship Road, TURN LEFT, and Lanier Islands is 4.5 miles straight ahead. Once in the Resort, please follow the signs and the volunteer’s instructions.
5. ARRIVAL TIME:
- We recommend that all registrants arrive at the Resort a minimum of 1 - 1 ¼ hours before the start of the race. This is due to the delays thatWILLoccur when entering the Resort, paying the $10.00 parking fee at the gate with possible volume related delays, parking, toy drop off, race bib and shirt pick up, walking back and forth to your vehicle to drop off race tee, brief opening ceremony, and lastly to be in place for a timely start of the race.
6. GATE FEE:
- There is NO LONGER a gate pass for free gate entry, starting this year each vehicle entering the Resort on race day will pay the $10.00 gate fee. Unless the vehicle has an annual Lanier Islands gate pass. Lanier Islands annual gate pass can be purchased any time prior to the race at the Island's gate for $75.00.
- To best keep the lanes at the gates moving on race day, please bring exact change for the gate fee of $10.00.
- Please carpool.
7. CARPOOL, CARPOOL, CARPOOL:
- There may be as many as 850 vehicles entering the Resort just for this race. So please consider carpooling to reduce a potential back up at the gate.
Possible meeting places to then carpool:
- Lanier Islands Community Church: (formerly New Bethany Baptist Church): Located about ½ mile from the entrance to the Resort.
- Publix Shopping Center: Located at I-985 and Lanier Islands Parkway, about 4 miles away from the entrance to the Resort.
8. PARKING AREAS:
- Enter the resort, pass bridge over Lake Lanier, go left around the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout, in .4 miles turn left on Camellia, and the parking areas will be down and on the right in the Grand Hall Pavilion Lot.
- Well placed signs will mark each turn.
9. RACE DAY BIB / TEE SHIRT PICK UP:
- Bib and tee shirt pick up times: 3:30PM – 5:30PM
- Bib & tee pick up is in Upper Beach Lot which is located up the hill and across the street from the parking area.
- Signs will also direct participants to the location of the bib and tee shirt tent.
10. VISIT OUR VENDORS AT PACKET PICKUP:
11. OPENING CEREMONY:
- Begins at 5:30pm, so please arrive early to hear Pastor Bob Mahan’s message from Hamilton Mill Christian Church. Then Pat Felt’s perfect rendition of the National Anthem.
- Again, please arrive at the Resort early to allow for delays at the gate, parking, and race bib / tee pick up.
12. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants must register for the run, unless it is a child young enough to be pushed & remain in a stroller.All kids who are walking or running must register!
- All strollers must start in the rear of the 6th race corral, and then have only use a walking pace while on the race course. Any participant found to be running the course while pushing a stroller will be disqualified, and asked to stop participating in the race. This is for the safety of other participants, and for the safety of the child in the stroller. The roads are too narrow, and it is simply too dark to weave around and run alongside other runners during the race.
13. SUPPORTERS & FAMILY OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Please stay within the marked areas around the start & finish area during the race.
- Only registered runners will be allowed on the race course.
- Enjoy your evening and THANK YOU all for your cooperation!
Saturday, Nov 12th & Sunday, Nov 13th at 5:45pm
|Thru 7/09||7/10 - 10/20||10/21 - 11/04||11/05 - 11/08|
* $10.00 Lanier Islands gate fee NOT included in the 2016 entry fee, so please carpool.
* Lanier Islands annual gate pass holders will not pay gate fee.
* Chip Timed & Peachtree Qualifier: USATF #: GA15013DJ
3 WAYS TO REGISTER:
- On-line with RunSignUp: *Closes on Monday, Nov 6th
- In-Store at 2 Big Peach Running Co locations (Suwanee & Alpharetta): *Closes on Nov 4th
- Mail In Registration: *Postmarked by Nov 4th
Check payable to: Lanier Under the Lights 5K
Mail to: Lanier Under the Lights 5K
*** ONLY WALKERS ALLOWED TO USE STROLLERS!
*** Races will close once full at 1,800 participants.
2016 RACE T-SHIRT:
Registered participants will receive a Gildersleeve Creations design long-sleeved technical fiber race tee.
TOYS FOR TOTS RAFFLE:
With a Donation of a toy or check valued at $10.00, donors willAUTOMATICALLY receive these 3 coupons:
1-Diamond Auto Spa: Free Car Wash Coupon to the first 500 donors each night
1-Waffle House: Free Waffle Coupon
1-Sport Clips: Free Male Haircut Coupon
RAFFLE PRIZES: 62 PRIZES EACH NIGHT!
1- Green Fees & Cart Rental for a Foursome toHamilton Mill Golf Clubin Dacula, a $200.00 value.
1- $100.00Home DepotGift Card
25- $25.00Home DepotGift Card
1- $100.00WalMartGift Card
25- $25.00WalMartGift Card
6-Moe’s Southwest Grill$25.00 Gift Card
1-Legacy LodgeHotel at Lake Lanier Islands Resort Gift Cards.
1-Gwinnett Gladiators2 Free Premium Level Tickets
1- 2 Hour Nutrition Class with Certified Health Coach Stephanie Wolfe a $129.00 value
BEST COSTUME CONTEST:
- Each night of the race runners or walkers will be encouraged to dress in a Christmas season themed costume. That costume can be either traditional Christmas themed, or a wild and crazy Christmas get up. Just have fun with it!
- The categories will be a different from the 2015 races. This year instead of prizes going to the best 10 costumes, we will give prizes to the TOP TWO participants in the following 10 categories:
- To register for the 'Best Costume' contest, participants need to report to the 'Best Costume Contest' tent located in the vendor area near packet pick up and the area of the start/finish lines.
- Once at the Best Costume tent, a photograph will be taken of each contest participant with their race bib number, and the winners will be chosen following the start of the race. So please pick up your race bib prior to registering for this contest.
- Following the race, The Top 2 contest winners in each of the10 categories will be listed in the Best Costume Tent by the participants race bib number.
- Winners must be present to claim their prize, prizes will not be mailed, so please check following the completion of your race!
- A big THANK YOU ahead of time to those who participate in our 2nd Annual Best Costume Contest!
BATTERY POWERED LED LIGHTS FOR THE KIDS:
- We are encouraging all participants and especially children to wear light colored and reflective clothing while on the race course.
- Battery powered LED Christmas lights are a great way to keep everyone seen, and especially kids will be more visible while on the race course.
- All kids 13 years of age and under who wear battery powered Christmas lights will receive a LUTL 5K Safety Award Ribbon!
- Listed below are several options to choose from onAmazon.com
SAFETY AWARD RIBBON:
- Children 13 years of age and younger who are dressed in light or reflective clothing, ANDare wearing a string of LED Christmas lights will receive a LUTL 5K Safety Award Ribbon.
- Thank you all for helping to keep the children safe on race day!
- The same race course as the Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K.
- Course Map:CLICK HERE
- USATF Certification #: GA15013DJ
- What is a Peachtree Qualifier?:CLICK HERE
- GPS devices can differ from the officially measured distance, why?:CLICK HERE
- There is no longer a GATE PASS for free gate entry, starting this year each vehicle entering the Resort on race day will pay the $10.00 gate fee. Unless the vehicle has an annual Lanier Islands gate pass. Lanier Islands annual gate pass can be purchased any time prior to the race at the Island's gate for $75.00.
- To best keep the lanes at the gates moving on race day please bring the exact change of $10.00.
- Please carpool.
RACE SPONSORS - THANK YOU!
|CINER||Tencate||Lanier Therapy in Motion|
|Dick's Sporting Goods||Lanier Islands||Hamilton Mill Christian Church|
|Montlick & Associates||Leon Farmer Company|
RACE VOLUNTEERS - THANK YOU!
RAFFLE PRIZE DONATIONS- THANK YOU!
VENDORS AT THE RACE:
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants including children running or walking in the race need to register, unless they are 4 years of age and under.
- All 4 years of age and under children must remain in a well marked stroller during the race. This is for the safety of the child due to the large number of participants on the roadway.
- ONLY WALKERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE STROLLERS!
- Marine Corps ‘Toys for Tots’: Bring an unwrapped toy or a check valued at $10.00 or more for entry into a raffle with several great prizes.
- Hamilton Mill Christian Church’s: ‘Secret Santa Mission’. This funds our Secret Santa Community Outreach Missions, see list below.
- Cash Prizes: 1st Place M/F- $150, 2nd Place M/F $75, 3rd Place M/F $50
- Bobble Head Dollsto the Overall 1st & 2nd & 3rd Place M/F, Masters 40+ M/F, Grand Masters M/F 50+.
- Age group winners (Top 3 M/F) will receive a Santa Claus Bobble head doll. Age categories are 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Participants will be timed with theChronoTrack B-TagSystem.
Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com